What Are Progressive Slots, and How Do They Work?
A progressive jackpot is a prize pool where a certain percentage of the bet amount goes. It directly depends on the number of spins. The jackpot is constantly increasing every time someone plays in a casino anywhere in the world. In each progressive online poker game, there is a Jackpot meter right on your screen, so you can see the jackpot growing right before your eyes.
As you can imagine, progressive jackpot winnings can get really big, reaching hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars. They just keep growing until one lucky online poker player hits the jackpot and gets all the money. Then the jackpot is reset at the original level and starts to grow again.
Pros and Cons of Progressive Slots
- Many winning combinations. Online progressive slots are considered the most profitable in online casinos. There are so many winning combinations that you can win a large amount right from the first spin;
- Additional bonuses. Almost all online slot machines of this type offer players a lot of bonuses. For example, you can get free spins to help you earn extra credits;
- Many gaming lines. This is a big plus for those who like to take risks. For example, you can make several bets at once (for each of the paylines). As a result, your chance of winning will double;
- The presence of mini-games and additional rounds. Quite often, a slot machine provides an opportunity for a player to get additional credits after completing several mini-games. Extra rounds are a great opportunity to significantly increase your winnings;
- Slot machines are considered the most popular game in most of the online casino. That means that you can always find the newest progressive slot machines online.
Cons: Jackpot is always played unexpectedly. That means that you can never be sure that you are lucky today, and you will become the proud owner of the main prize. Even the casino administration doesn’t know when the jackpot will be played; High minimum bids. For example, in a regular slot you can make a minimum bet of just one cent. In progressive slot machines the minimum bet is $ 1. That is not very profitable, especially when you are just starting the game and are not confident in your abilities. High risks. It’s pretty obvious that your chances of winning are pretty slim, so you will have to rely on your luck.
Types of Progressive Jackpots Slots
There are 3 types of progress jackpot slots as of today, including:
- Standalone Progressive Slots. The formation of the jackpot takes place on the basis of a single slot machine and bets that you make on it. The jackpot is not quite big in this one, but the chances of winning it are much higher than in other variants;
- Local/Proprietary/In-House Progressive Slots. Progressive jackpot accumulates in a certain online casino from all slot machines of this gambling establishment;
- Wide Area Progressive Slots. It is used for large cumulative jackpots. The prize fund is formed by an independent provider, which receives contributions from a whole casino network using this gaming software.